Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not much...but something

So, although I have vowed not to do anything to the front or back yard until the stairs inside the house are done (they are not even started yet), I have taken some of Janet's advice from her post and decided everything didn't have to be perfect for me to do something...although I didn't have my truck full of top soil or mulch ready, nor even a shovel handy...I decided, as I sat in our front yard throwing the ball for our two dogs (Kady-Golden Retriever and Mason-Dachshund), to go ahead and make one of my flower beds bigger...I just used my hands and took away the grass and then moved the rock around a bit in preparation to bring more rocks to line the bed (we have piles and piles of white limestone rock either left over from building our house 25 years ago or they just come up out of the ground?). I plan to do another matching bed on the other side of the sidewalk hopefully today as I throw the ball for Kady and Mason again (our daily ritual).

I am also desperately trying to find the "before" photos of our back yard and suspect they are on an unlabeled cd mixed within a stack of cd's.

I do plan to take pictures of our retaining walls, picket fence, and patio that we have done so far...alas nothing planted as of yet. I have to say, it is a bit difficult revealing the "coming along" stages...I am such a "big reveal" type person.

Stairs, stairs, stairs!

1 comment: